94 Camry Starting Problem

Our 94 Camry will not always start at afirst when the key is turned. It juct clicks. After several tries the car will start. Can anybody advise what the problem might be?

The battery is charged.

Thanks

Reply to
dlellis

A weak starter motor? Corroded connection? You first can measure voltage drop at the starter.

Also, Autozone has free testing service for these things. If you are in Canada maybe you can find parts stores with similar free service.

Reply to
johngdole

You might want to check this out....

NickySantoro

==== Most common is the copper contacts in the solenoid. They wear from carrying fully battery amperage at start and can be replaced economically.

Reply to
Daniel

Hi,

On my 1994 V6 this was the solenoid contacts worn out, and also a sticky solenoid actuator plunger. Got a recon starter moter assembly.

Geoff

Reply to
White Family

Reply to