'96 camry - slighhard starting

Hi,

I have a '96 camry 4 cyl that starts every time but it takes about 7-8 cranks before the engine catches. What is annoying is that if I take my chances and let go of the key sometimes after 2 or 3 cranks it will start instantly. Any ideas why this is? I mean it starts anyway but I just don't like the extra strain on the starter and battery.

Reply to
hoover

When was your last tune up , start there.

Reply to
ransley

Does this happen only when the engine is cold, or all the time?

If it's the former, clean the idle air control valve.

See "

".

Reply to
SMS