'97 Camry - Power Window Motor replacement

Is there anyone out there that can tell me the steps involved with replacing the power window motor in a 97 Camry?

Reply to
scruff

Ya sure its the motor? Do you hear it run when you activate the buttons? If you hear it run then it is the window regulator. There is a small (irreplaceable separately) plastic part that typically breaks. A new regulate is $90 --- a new motor $250. Either way you have to remove the door panel -- the door opener trim is only tricky part. Got to auto store and get a $10 auto panel remover or you'll break the plastic clips.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I think that its the motor, but am not sure. It still works, but goes up slow sometimes and makes a lot mor noise than the others going up. So someone tell me, is that the motor or the regulator?

Reply to
scruff

Put silicone lube in the window channels first - may just be sticking and soon the motor will blow due to the strain.

Reply to
Rewire

Reply to
scruff