98 Camry headlight

Are there any problems I should be aware of if I install H4 headlight bulbs in my 98 Camry? Thanks.

TC

Reply to
TC

Are they higher wattage than the originals? If so, proceed with care. A friend of mine install significantly higher wattage headlamps in a '90 Ford sedan. The plastic-headlight parts melted around the higher-wattage globe as it put out far too much heat.

From memory the originals were 55W, and he tried 100W or similar.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Good point. I was thinking of using 60W/100W bulbs, but the plastic lens might not like this.

Reply to
TC