Any thoughts on 2004 Solara

Hi,

I'm seriously considering purchasing my first new car and I really like the looks and options of the 2004 Solara, plus the good reputation of the quality of Toyota.

Any owners out there that would care to share their experience? I haven't test driven one yet. I'd be interested in the SE 4 cylinder or the V6.

Thanks and have a good day !! Ricky

Reply to
Rick

I would try to test drive a 1 year old one in cold weather and check for the Camry windshield rattle. No one has mentioned it as a problem but far few Solara's are sold so you should probably check for yourself.

Reply to
Art Begun

I had a 2002 Solara and traded it in on a 2004, the 2002 had 51K on it and the only thing ever had to do with was normal mant items to keep the warranty in check. I couldn't have been more happy with it. The

2004 has 2k on it so far so I can't really say a whole lot about it yet. If you do have a family a solara won't be for you as it's very hard to get in and out of the back seat area that's my only complaint they didn't put much thought into that.
Reply to
Seaquest

I had read a review mentioning the back seat not having much room, but I don't have a family and usually only have 1 other person in the car with me, so I'm not concerned about the back seat.

Sounds like you had a good car with the 2002.

Reply to
Rick