avalon key programming

2002 camry Australian version. I have two new keys with transponder (I think)to program car to accept. I put the key I got with the car (second hand car only one key,
Black)into ign. without turning on pressed gas five times brake 6 times removed key, alarm light supposed to stay off till new key put in and accepted,but it started blinking which is supposed to mean it has not gone into program mode. Any one got any ideas as the toyota mob in Australia want $60 something dollars to do it with computer. They reckon they have not heard of the press pedal method and it can not be done that way.