Axle Half Shafts

I had a 1994 Toyota corolla. I replaced both half shafts at 150,000. I could not believe how short the car would turn in circle. I tried it at a parking lot. No slack as I put another 30,000 miles on it. I saw a lady getting out of it a few months ago. She said she car ran and drove just fine. Seems like a few years ago I sold it to her husband.

At first I went to a axle replacement place. The owner had hurt his back and was thinking of closing up. I ask more about what's the difference in a new and rebuilt axle. He said they were some rebuilt's as good as the new ones. He named of about 5 rebuilders that he said did a very good job.

I only remember one, the name is Raxles or was it R-Axles. There located in Florida and I found them using google. Something like, raxles homepage. I learned two of the CV's will be new and the other two are carefully rebuilt. The boots are tougher then the OEM's and all 4 CV's are packed with a quality synthetic grease. I called there 800 phone that was listed and they sent the new axles in a few weeks. I did have to return the old ones so they could be rebuilt.

I was really impressed with the quality of these axles and got them though UPS. The two boxes they came in were already set up to be returned by UPS. I did take them to UPS to be sent off. I can't remember if I paid to have them sent or they included a RMA number. Might give these people a try.

They may be many other quality rebuilders around. I just know about this one. I think these have a lifetime replacement guarantee.

Reply to
rburt07