Best Camry Years?

Didn't know the 01's had problems. Mine (J vin number) is trouble free for 137k miles. Is there a recall ? I only had a tail light bulb go out on me so far. The rest has been scheduled maintanance and I've been hit

2 times in the rear..

I picked an 01 over the redisign 02 because I didn't like the bigger size of the 02. And the 07's are a battleship to me. I test drove the 09 corolla and it's almost the size of my 01 camry. I'll probaly get a corolla next..

Reply to
O O

You know, I thought the last year of a production series would be the most reliable. I guess Toyota's cost cutting never stops.

Check

for vehicles affected:

Make / Models : Model/Build Years: TOYOTA / CAMRY 1998-2001 Recall Number: 01V012000 Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CRUISE CONTROL AND V6 ENGINES, AND BUILT AT ONE OF TWO LINES AT THE KENTUCKY PLANT. THE ACCELERATOR CABLE HOUSING COULD BE DEFORMED AT THE CRUISE CONTROL ACTUATOR-TO-THROTTLE BODY CONNECTION. THE ACCELERATOR INNER-CABLE COULD WEAR AWAY AND EVENTUALLY BREAK. Consequence: THIS COULD ALLOW THE THROTTLE TO RETURN TO IDLE OR REMAIN IN ITS MOST RECENT POSITION REGARDLESS OF ACCELERATOR PEDAL OPERATION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Make / Models : Model/Build Years: TOYOTA / AVALON 2001 TOYOTA / CAMRY 2001 TOYOTA / SIENNA 2001 Recall Number: 01V072000 Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE FRONT SUB FRAME ASSEMBLY HAS NOT BEEN ADEQUATELY WELDED. Consequence: THIS CONDITION COULD CAUSE FAILURE OF THE ASSEMBLY FOLLOWING LONG-TERM USAGE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Make : TOYOTA Model : CAMRY Year : 2001 Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. Mfr's Report Date : MAR 02, 2001 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 01V072000 N/A NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: STRUCTURE:FRAME AND MEMBERS Potential Number Of Units Affected : 545 Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get Summary

Make : TOYOTA Model : CAMRY Year : 2001 Manufacturer : PRO-A MOTORS, INC. Mfr's Report Date : MAR 21, 2006 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06E026000 N/A NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING Potential Number Of Units Affected : 61944 Check to Request Research. Submit below.

Reply to
johngdole

The 02, first year production has its own problems with engine intake manifold buzzing, front rotors warping, suspension mount noises, and U- series transmission hunting for gears while downshifting, etc etc. But it's still better than the 07 Camry V6, with its gear-skipping U-660E transmission. There is no fix for that btw, an owner wrote that Toyota will give you ONE free tranny and wish you good roulette luck. And they won't recognize you after that unless you have ~$4000.

Compared to the A-series trannys, these new U-series are junk.

Reply to
johngdole