Blew a headgasket on a 94 Camry 2.2. Head checked out, won't idle?

I blew a head gasket on a 1994 Camry 2.2 ltr. I had the head checked out by a engine rebuilder. It was off by .30. Had them fix it and I put it back on with a new timing belt. It won't idle now. I cleaned the idle air control and that made no difference. Any ideas??

Reply to
Nelson

You cleaned it, but did you also test it? I've had some success cleaning it though I am about to actually change it as cleaning it (at least cleaning it on the car) doesn't seem to last very long anymore. Now I'll have a spare that I can clean off the car and be ready.

Check the solenoid coil by following step 2 at

I assume from your description that the engine runs if you hold the throttle down, it just stalls at idle.

Reply to
sms

Yes the engine runs fine other than the idle issues. It is better at leaste it idles now, but it varies from 700 to 1000 rpms.

Reply to
Nelson