Brakes stuck

Hi I have a Camry -91. It seems like the brake on the right rear wheel is stuck. I made a long trip through the worst rain I've seen and then it stodd still for 10 days, maybe it corroded? What I've tried so far is to spray de-corrosion liquid over the brake and try to get it to the inner parts. Then I've been driving a meter or so back and forth, but the wheel wont move.

Do you have any advice on what to do? Since I can't move it really I can't take it to the workshop. If i have to remove the brake, how do I do it? Can it be the P-brake or its wire, and how can I deal with that?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the english.

Reply to
in.blue.jeans

Is the parking brake cable on, do you use the parking brake, get under and look if you have used it recently. Rain would not hurt it likely years of corosion , maybe the wheel cilinder is stuck or something else. You have to get the wheel off, driing with a stuck brake can get things

800-1000f, ruin bearings, boil and ruin the fluid, and more. I hope its your parking brake. Once I saw a guy pull in a garage, his wheel was literly Red hot, he ruined everything, even the tire.
Reply to
m Ransley

============================== If you're unfamiliar with working on brakes, you might want to have a tow truck take it to the dealer. You can remove the brake drum by pressing it off through a couple of threaded holes near the center - may have to back off the shoes first through a slot in the backing plate if the drums have worn a ridge and the shoes are tight. Once the drum is off you should be able to see the problem. Could be broken return spring or seized wheel cylinder. On that age vehicle I'd just plan on replacing just about everything. Wheel cylinder rebuilding kits if they're leaking or not operating correctly, plus new shoes and springs.

Reply to
Daniel

OK, thank you for your replies. We took a deeper look and could see that there was no problem with the normal break, but it seemed like the p-break was stuck. The problem was solved by banging a little bit on the center (drum?) with a hammer. After that I did some heavy breaks from ca 30 km/h or so, no problem. I'm going to get some service done but it can't be done right now, I'll need the car this coming week. Do I have do worry about something before service is done do you think?

Reply to
NMS

Just dont use the parking brake

Reply to