Camry 99 recirc vent

How can I get to the outside air vent on a 99 camry? When I try to close the air recirculation lever it doesn't go all the way through.

Thanks

Reply to
MD

Take the wipers off and remove the front cowl. You'll see it.

Reply to
qslim

Hello,

This is exactly the problem I have on my '99 Camry. I can push the recirc. lever all the way to right side but If I push to left side it stops in the middle. Actually it was stuck in the right side and I tried to forcebly push it to left sid eand it ended up like thhat. Looks like valve was stuck with gum.

I tried to remove the cowl as you said but there are two button like things on each side that are holding the cowl. How to remove them? Looks like wipers can be removed by un bolting them.

Thanks a lot.

VK

Reply to
vk

Seems like I have this exact problem as well in my 99 Camry. But I actually caused it, by trying to clean out that moldy smell from my Vents. Evidently the cleaner I was using to kill the mold has made the vent door stuck.

At anyrate, in order to get to it you have to remove your glove compartment. After doing so, you will see the fan box and the linkage to the Exchange Lever. I haven't gone any further then that and will be opeing the fan box soon to see if I can get the door to swing freely. (hopefully I didn't break any plastic peaces in there) I'll let you know if I am sucessfull.

RM

Reply to
hamwitty