Camry steering "groaning" sound

Thanks to whomever posted the suggestion about spraying silicone on the sleeve surrounding the steering column where it passes through the firewall/floorboard. I did this and NO MORE groaning sound when moving the steering wheel at no or low speeds.

David.

Reply to
doorsill

Your welcome. Altho the sound seems to come from the steering wheel itself It really does come from that little joint down by the floor. I spray mine every few years. Thanks for updating with your problem solved..

Reply to
ROBMURR

I have a small squeaking sound coming from my steering column.

1) will regular car grease work? 2) does silicone help? I thought silicone will dry up after an hour or 2 of contact?

Thanks.

Reply to
skewe

No not car grease a good silicone spray. NOT WD40...I sprayed mine 2 years ago. BTW the toyota dealer sells a very good silicone spray.

Reply to
ROBMURR