CD player died, what's my best option?

After many attempts, using a CD cleaner, and air blower, my CD player refuses to play any CDs. I have a 96 camry with factory cd player. You feed 3 Cd's into this holder and slide it into the player. Now, the player tries to load a cd, and i hear this clicking and grinding noise and then it spits it back out.

Here are the options I see available:

  1. Try and remove the player, and see if there is anything I can do to fix the problem.

  1. Go to an salvage yard, try to find a replacement, and try to install it.

  2. Go to Toyota dealership service and see if they can help.

  1. Have someone just install a new player for me.

Which would be the less stressful option to take?

Reply to
Alvin

shatara

Alvin wrote: /snip/

Call the U.S. repair center for the CD player maker (probably Fujitsu Ten or Panasonic), check the web for address and info; or use an independent repair center such as Factory Car Stereo Repair, Inc.

Travis Jordan

absolutely the very best option is a new CD Player from

great selection and low prices.

Reply to
Im Right

I had the exact same problem with my '98. The cost to fix it was more than the cost for a new one - and it skipped alot and didn't play burned CD's that well even when it was working. I opted for a new MP3/CD player and ended up with a Kenwood KDC-MPV7019. Paid about $195 then $45 for installation. That was seven months ago and it has yet to skip once. Also, you can play CD's full of MP3 files - about 160-180 MP3 songs fit on a CD. The sound is way better than the stock CD player and the display is really kewl. Option 4 sounds good.

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

Reply to
JerryT

The installer simply left the 3-CD changer installed in the dash underneath the new MP3/CD player. He offered to pull the old changer and install a blank faceplate for $10 more but I thought it looked just fine the way it was. Although, I'm not particular about the way it looks, I'm more interested in the way it performs. And it does perform!

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson