Cliper Bottom brake bolt - 1997 V6 Camry

I was trying to change the rear break pads for my 1997 camry and have accidently worn out the edges of the head bolt on the calipper housing. I have tried to unscrew it by using the grip pliers etc with no vein!!. How can i unscrew this bolt so i can take the capplier of the rotor to replace the rear pads. Any sugjestions is welcomed....

Reply to
rdata34

Dangerous but very hot welding torch aimed directly & very carefully on just the bolt till it glows , then try again with your vice grip or other tool you shouldn't have used in the first place. dc

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1181825189.780149.59830 @d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

camry and have

calipper

pliers etc with

capplier of

welcomed....

Reply to
doncee

== Sears sells a special socket to grip marred bolt heads. For the future, try a set of 6 point sockets. With a ratchet handle I use them exclusively. Or, you could have a local mechanic remove that one bolt for you. Once found a bolt like that from a prior mechanic, on the hold down for the front stabilizer bar bushing. Could barely see or reach that bolt much less remove it. My mechanic at the local Shell station had it off in seconds with an air tool.

Reply to
Daniel