clunky sensation

94 Camry LE, 146,000 miles. When taking off from a dead stop or low speed, sometimes there is a clunk sensation coming from the front. I can kind of feel it in the gas pedal too. I don't feel anything funny when it shifts gears, though. Any ideas please.
Reply to
badgolferman

It looks like you may be right. The engine is wiggling around under pressure. However I can't really tell if it's the front mount or the one on top of the engine. I suspect it is the front one, but would like to know what others experience is with the cost of the part and actually changing the mount.

Reply to
badgolferman

I replaced the front motor mount today, the one by the radiator. It was a bitch to get some of those base bolts out. Thank God for a breaker bar. I also noticed the mount up top by the resevoirs was bad too, so that had to be replaced. Got to the parts store just before they closed. The clunk is gone now.

Reply to
badgolferman