cold start problem

crankcase

the

Yeah,...its the old wrong metaphor used. I meant to indicate the air for the IAC is not clean air, but will have blow-by mixed with it. I think my error may not have obscured that fact.

~(8^I)

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Not true ... for the most part. The air entering the IAC is clean ... provided ... the PCV valve is working correctly. There are two conditions where the IAC would have blowby contaminated air pass through it:

1) The PCV is not functioning (clogged). This leaves the normal crankcase INLET hose to become only exit path for blowby gasses. 2) Blowby gasses are being generated in volumes greater than the PCV's flow rate (typically 10 cfm). This often happens during periods of hard acceleration. From that amount and above, the crankcase inlet becomes an exit path.

The crankcase inlet point is after the air filter and before the IAC.

--

  -Philip
Reply to