ES300 security system: doors keep locking and locking

Dear Experts,

I have 1999 Lexus ES300.

Yesterday, I loaded up the car for a big trip. The trunk was so full, and I had to push the trunk lid down to shut it. Also, the passenger seats were full of stuff. (Seat sensors for weight?) (Sensors for break ins into the trunk?)

The security system is acting really strangely since yesterday.

I get out of the car, remove the keys, and shut the door.

The car door suddenly locks. And then it locks again. And again. And again.

It's really bizarre!

If I unlock the car, don't put the keys in the ignition switch, and just sit in the driver's seat, the symptom does not happen.

At one point, I opened the door with the key. And by the time that I pulled the door handle, it had already locked. I had to unlock it again.

Fortunately, once the car is started, there doesn't seem to be any symptoms. Car drives normally. Whew!

When I took all the stuff out of the seats, and some stuff out of the trunk, so that I didn't have to push the lid down, the symptom still showed itself.

Is this a feature that I need to turn off? How do I turn it off?

If it's not a feature, what do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
condor_222

Take your remote apart and make sure that the button for locking is not stuck.

Reply to
Ray O