Help with 1996 "Toyota Security" device

I purchased a used 1996 Camry...it did not come with a keyless remote and there is nothing about this in the manual that I can find...but just to the right of the parking brake there is a small black thing that says "toyota security" on it...it is about 1.5" X .75" ...at one end there is what looks like a small red light, at the other end there are 7 very tiny holes. Does anybody know what this is and where I can find out more about it. Strange thing is I had a man at a Toyota dept. look at it and he didn't know what it was -- said to look in the manual.

Reply to
Dale7