How's Hasting CF410 oil filter?

This local auto shop that I bring my 2000 Camry to do a good job on my car and I like their service. The owner is also sincere and honest. One concern I have is they use an oil filter labeled Hasting CF410 on my Camry. Is this brand anything good? Is anyone familar with Hasting? A google didn't turn up anything.

Reply to
Camryowner

Actually Google should. If your "Hasting" filter is actually "Hastings Filters". Clacor brands that I can google are: Baldwin filters, Hastings filters, and Clark filters.

They specializes in heavy duty (such as agricultural, industrial, railroad, mining, etc) filtration products. They also make private label filters. So if you have a John Deere tractor or Caterpillar (I'm not sure the exact customers), you may be using one of their filters.

I don't know about the filtration media details. I personally use Purolator's PureOne, Bosch Filtech, or Motorcraft (made by Purolator, which was bought by Bosch).

See also:

Examples of modern filtration paper treatment:

johngdole