Re: Motorcraft oil filters

✖

Wow that's amazing. Porous ceramic filter?
What's the '96-'01 Camry equivalent part? 90915-YZZF2 sounds familiar for the Camry, but that's with the cheaper media, right?
Thanks,
Michael
Add pictures here
✖
It looks more like a spongy type stuff that resembles the "toilet paper" type of media used.
No joke, there actually was (or is) the TP filter for diesel engines!! Look: http://www.cumminsforum.com/articles/articles/18/1/Anatomy-of-a-Frantz-toilet-paper-bypass-oil-filter/Page1.html
However, I prefer Purolator PureOne, Bosch Filtech, or Motorcraft for most engines.
On Jan 29, 8:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Now I wonder if that's a uniform sponge media that's only meant to catch break-in particles in new engines. Do you have any filtration beta ratio specification for that filter?

✖

✖

Does it get soft when impregnated with oil?
Add pictures here
✖

Nope. I have examines both new and used samples. Hard either way.
Ed
Add pictures here
✖
Well that's fine. Different filters for different folks. I personally don't know any advanced filter media design that uses the Toyota spongy-looking material.
There are equivalents of the Hengst nanofiber and meltblown surfacing techniques by other manufacturers. And PureOne for instance, specifies ISO 4548-12 test result of 99.9% efficiency, which they claim is the "top-ranked oil filter on the shelf". Mobil-1 uses a different standard, SAE J1858 with 99.2% efficiency. Even Denso's site shows the pleated type, not the spongy-looking type. Unfortunately, they didn't give any test details: http://www.densoproducts.com/product.asp?productCategoryID=3

✖