Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

Folks,

I need to remove a 1998 Camry radio and I need some pointers as to the best way to do so. I have a 1998 Camry XLE and it has the fake wood inserts on the bezel. I tried to pry the bezel with my hands, but I had no luck. Before I break anything, I wanted to ask this news \group to see if anyone has done this before or if it has any advise.

Actually, I am trying to install a 6 disk changer. But I might end up replace the entire radio/cd player with an mp3 player that contains an AUX input.

Thanks, eric

Reply to
asdf

If the ash tray is under the radio, there are screws hodling the ash tray, and probably the trim palte, too, in place. Pull the ash tray and remove the screws, probably located on the metal piece that seals the tray.

THEN the trim piece should just pull out. Look for screws above the ash tray, below the radio or heater control. They may only be visible by looking up from the bottom.

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

Reply to
asdf