Key switch

Hi:

I have a 2000 Camry CE. Also had a 1990 Camry with the same problem.

About 10% of the time when I try to start the car, the key will not turn in the key switch. I have to keep taking it out and putting it back in until it eventually turns.

How can I correct for this problem?

Thanks,

FRED

Reply to
Count

Similar problem on 99 xle and eventually it seized resulting in replacing the ignition barrel which in turn was keyed differently than the doors resulting in the need for two keys. It seems the key wears down the tumbler action within the barrel I was told.

Reply to
mikewestvale

Keys wear, try to find one in better shape that you have and make a copy, Locks get full of dirt over the years maybe some spray electronics, or brake cleaner and wd 40, disconect the battery first and let it dry out.

Reply to
ransley