Knocking when on full lock

My 99 Camry 3.0 Sport in the UK has started making a knocking noise when turning at low speed, don't know if it's also doing it at higher speeds as other noises would mask it. My garage changed the bottom suspension arms as the rubber was split, but this has not cured it. Any ideas please?

Reply to
Glass Half Full

I would have first looked at the CV joint, if its more of a bump it could be tires, a broken belt in mine did that, i confirmed it by tire rotation even though the tire looked fine removed from the rim. Hit one hole and even a new tire can be junk.

Reply to
ransley

Sounds like the CV joint. Typically the "half shaft" or drive axle is swapped out with a rebuilt one. In the US it's about $60-80

prices). Reliable local source slightly higher and some would carry a lifetime warranty.

For more > My 99 Camry 3.0 Sport in the UK has started making a knocking noise

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks Guys, I'll suggest further investigation of the CV joints to my garage. They dismissed that initially though!

Reply to
Glass Half Full