Lever or push-type AC system?

I downloaded the service manual from some university site for my 88 Camry I4 wagon. The section on the A/C shows two different diagrams for the 3sFE engine (which mine has): there is a lever-type system and a push-type system. What does this mean? How do I determine which AC system my car has?

Reply to
geronimo

Do you have to turn the knob to direct the air flow to the legs/front/windshield? Or you press the separate buttons to do it?

Reply to
Pszemol

Mine has a lever.....so (DUH!) is lever-type ;-)

THanks!

legs/front/windshield?

Reply to
geronimo