Location of Horn wire on 02 Camry

I have installed an after-market keyless entry system on my 2002 Camry LE. I have not yet hooked up the horn for the confirmation "chirps" when locking/unlocking the doors. I have not been able to locate the wire that goes from the horn button on the steering wheel to the horn relay under the hood. I'd rather not run a new wire thru the firewall, all the way out to the relay - much easier to tap into the line under the dash. But I can't find it. I own the service manuals too - they are useless when it comes to wiring diagrams - there are none!

So, can anyone tell me the colors of wire, and the best place to find it?

Thanks

-bg

Reply to
DrWho

parklights

You won't want to hear this, but I suggest you *not* hook the horn up to the alarm/entry. Those are quite obnoxious--especially in parking garages or anywhere people live. It's a royal pain hearing "honk!" "honk-honk!" all the time.

Why not hook it up to the lights or a small buzzer?

Flame away,

Horn Hater

Reply to
Big Kahuna

OK. I'll look for it. Thanks!

-- DrWho

Abit KX7-333R XP2700/333

1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS 2.0 ATI 9700non-pro (CPU:375 Mem:303) Two 80GB WD 7200/8MB in a RAID0
Reply to
DrWho

I agree that SOME systems honk too loudly/long. But many systems just do a quick "chirp" that is very non offensive. I don't know what this unit will sound like, but I'd like to find out.

BTW, I have the alarm system disabled - that is just TOO obnoxious. I just want the chirp confirmation that the doors have been locked.

--
DrWho

Abit KX7-333R
XP2700/333
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS 2.0
ATI 9700non-pro (CPU:375 Mem:303)
Two 80GB WD 7200/8MB in a RAID0
Reply to
DrWho

Yep! That's it! I confirmed your colors out at the relay box. I'm sure I can find easily find it coming out of the steering column (this weekend).

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
DrWho