Low rpms when started warm engine

1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low and the engine is nor working smoothly when started after a short stop... Any pointers/ideas ?
Reply to
Pszemol

======================== More common to have problems with cold idle, but try searching this group for "idle"

Reply to
Daniel

True. I had IAC issues on my '96. Cold Idle/fast idel at startup and low rpms when not warmed up. Replacing the IAC solved the probem.

Reply to
steve-o

Is this something inexpensive I could pick up at Auto parts store and replace myself ? Or rather shop job item ? I was trying to find it on Autozone.com and could not locate.

Reply to
Pszemol

If you do a google *groups* search using this group's title (dont forget the fullstops) and the word "idle" as a search word in the first field or box, you'll get a good description from posters like Daniel on how to clean the IAC submitted in the past to this group. It normally will be OK for quite sometime after that. Basically, you squirt some carby cleaner up the throttle body, and *gently* scrub the area where the IAC valve is, with a soft toothbrush, then flush it out etc.. Saves megabucks.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

What if I have these megabucks and want to replace this thing ? What keyword should I use to find it on autozone.com ? I was looking for idle air, IAC and nothing for my camry. Is this dealer-only part ? Are there other names in use for this ?

Reply to
Pszemol

I agree its probably not available as a non-Toyota spare-part (I cant see any after a net-search),...so its down to the local Toyota-Mahal. Take your prayer-mat with you,..might get you a trade-price!

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

You exaggerate...IAC replacement will be in the low 400 dollar range depending on geography. You would want a dealership to do this kind of work. I really can't see the gang at Pep Boys handling something like this.

Reply to
<psommerhalder

What exactly is so difficult in this job ? Have you got any experience in this subject?

Reply to
Pszemol