Nifty trick for power driver's window <Caveat Emptor!>

Yeah, the motor controls are different (and of course the motors spin in reverse directions>.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Wow! Thanks for all you data here! I'm truly impressed.

I have a 94 and a 97 Supra Turbo that I wanted to do these modifications on. It seems to be a lot bigger project than I anticipated. I don't know if it's worth it now. Fortunately, they're only 2-door cars.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Viperkiller

So if the ignition is shut off after the unit has passed this magical point, how does the sensor "remember"?

This part makes more sense than the idea that it somehow pays attention to the distance after a point.

And do nothing to change direction? Cutting out would mean no ability to manually reverse until the circuit cut back in.

And does nothing to change direction.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

No prob. I wouldn't suggest the current limiting homemade project - it was just thrown out there. My basic theory didn't even cover how you would mod the switch or substitute it -- or the safety issues. But it would be cool. How many 97 Turbos did Toyota make, do you know? I don't think I've seen one in the shop here...

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Usually they use a current limit cutout on them for when they stall, this could be used in either direction I guess. I'll have to investigate physically, this might be too good to be true.

Coyoteboy

I'm indeed going to try it out. I was initially hoping that it would be something electrical outside the motor so I can modify that. Now it seems that I might have to switch motors. I believe the button switches are easy enough as they're the same type. I'm definately going to try this on my 94 first. That's my modified car. The 97 is basically stock other than TRD equipment (muffler, air filter, hood, rear spoiler, brake lines, thermostat, radiator cap, and finally strut tower brace -- all genuine TRD).

Unfortunately, they only sold 1621 Supras that year, of which, 768 are Turbo manuals and 409 are Turbo autos. In fact, here's a website for this body style of Supra.

Did you ask for that year because of the "Anniversary Edition"?

Reply to
Viperkiller

WHOA! '97 Supra Turbo! Yeah! Nice auto-motion.

As far as Comboverfish's question, I *used* to have a link to a web page that listed how many of each year were made. I know for '88 it was 16,700 or so; it didn't list how many were Turbos. For '97 I beleive it was 3,000 total, (if '97 was the last year they were imported to the US I think it was about 24-2600, if I remember. I think most of them were Turbos, but if COF hasn't seen any they must be rarer!)

Reply to
hachiroku

Thanks. My 94 is my project car though. I have mostly HKS upgrades on it. It dynoed at 660 hp. That's why I use "VIPERKILLER" -- because it can smoke Dodge Vipers. I know I can get more power out of it but I wanted it reliable, still street legal, and reliable for daily use.

As for the website, MKIV.com still has the sales figures at least for that body style. Here's a more specific link:

Viperkiller