Timing belt on V6 3.0L 1MZ-FE engine

How difficult is it to replace a timing belt on my 2002 Highlander with the 3.0L V6 1MZ-FE engine.

I have changed the timing chain on my 22R several times which took about

7 hours each time. Wondering how this compares to replacing the timing belt on the Highlander?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Reply to
nobody

Just changed my '01 Highlander timing belt and water pump two weekends ago. Water pump was just starting to weep by the seal (101,000 miles).

Should have taken about 5 hours if I had all the tools. Had to make the tool to hold onto the crankshaft pulley. Also, some of the engine brackets hit the frame and I had to slightly jack the engine up to allow the bolts to clear the frame.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul.