PULL TO THE LEFT

Toyota refuses to apply the Left Pull TSB to model years prior to 2003. I would like to have an alignment shop rotate the upper spring plates on my 2001 but I am not 100%sure that all the parts are identical and that the fix will work. Has anyone tried this on a 1999 - 2002 model?

Reply to
Timbo

Here's my dilemma; The TSB is written specifically for 2004 models up to certain VIN numbers. I see from this and other boards that Toyota is fixing 2003s as well but I haven't heard of any pre-2003s getting the fix. Previous years have the same design and the same problem.

My car was back to Toyota the 10th time a few weeks ago and a regional tech rep said that the parts are different on my 2001 so the upper spring plates cannot be rotated.

In the last 3 years I have heard a wide assortment of outlandish excuses for not being able to make the car go straight. I don't know if I'm being told the truth or not.

I can't continue driving a car that wants to veer into oncoming traffic. Can I just have a shop apply the TSB at my expense? If the parts are different, can I buy the newer version parts and have them installed? Thanks.

Reply to
Timbo

To prevent a pull to the left, vote for George Bush.

Reply to
David

Reply to
446905

I don't want pull to either left or right.

Reply to
½¤¤?