Quieting Plastic Rattles in Cars - What to use?

Reply to
Bernie Brown

It's amazing what some rubber lube or some Formula 2001 (Turtlewax protectant) will do when sprayed at the joints were plastic panel meet. Other squeaky locations almost require a panel disassembly and rubbing points insulated/cushioned with felt. Know too that a plenty of other cars and especially vans and SUVs have this same squeaky plastic panel behavior."

Reply to
Philip®

"Art Begun" spake unto the masses in news:o8mDb.1509$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Yeah, you're right of course, but the opportunity for a joke was too much to pass up. :^)

Reply to
Tegger®

I've actually seen quite a few (Carvans) over the years along side the road. Mine was not one of them and in all honesty it was a reliable vehicle for me, but after ten years, I tried something else.....The Toyota Sienna.

Dale

Reply to
<dale

I know it is not a van but I recently drove in an Accord with 80k miles on it and not a single rattle or click.

plenty

Reply to
Art Begun

Take your non-Toyota bullshit to the appropriate newsgroup.

Reply to
Sharecs

I recently rode in a friends Avalon with 33,000 miles. Not a click or clack to be heard...

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Fla being of bellicose mind posted:

Art ran his mouth for the whole trip, eh?

Reply to
Philip®

Get your hearing checked recently???

Reply to
Art Begun

Notice he didn't say anything about rattles and pops. The Avalon he drove in probably rattled and popped so loud he couldn't hear the clicks and clacks.

Reply to
Art Begun

In news:mvIDb.1386$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, Art Begun being of bellicose mind posted:

You don't know 'cuz you weren't there. All you can do is continue whining when your problem (and the Avalon's too) could be solved quite easily. Now... I'll give you $500 for that Avalon of yours sight unseen. Wadda ya say?

Reply to
Philip®

WHAT WAS THAT???....

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

Nah...Art dosen't wanna fix his problem. Makes his day gripin about it

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Fla being of bellicose mind posted:

Have you noticed Art's Avalon complaints run in monthly cycles?

Reply to
Philip®

ROFLMAO...

You may be onto something, Philip!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

If the part is easy to remove or lift for access to a hidden area, I use RTV silicone. It's available in several colors, even clear if you go to home improvement stores. It will hold parts on that have broken tabs and will release easily if needed. If left on for extended periods it will sometimes release and need to be re-applied. I once took a panel removal tool and proceeded to break all the plastic tabs on a F-350 door panel as I thought it had the push-in/pull-out type mounts. (I had removed a couple screws and only needed to slide panel upwards.) So, I had to use screws to remount panel. I guarantee no more rattles with this method so, if you need info on how to do this let me know. :-D Hope this helps, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92