Rattles in Ka

Theres two rattles in my car, well, not so much rattles as something vibrating against something else at a certain engine frequency. There seems to be two although one could be my sunglasses :-)

Any ideas of the common rattles, noises in the front of a Ka, dash and door area?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Organ

The window winder handles rattle if the stereo is loud enough.

Reply to
Doki

Already sorted that one out - took the little spacer things off so it don't rattle nemore.

Reply to
Ben Organ

Have you had the door cards off to put in new speakers? If so, try getting a new set of clips from Ford.

Reply to
Doki

New set of clips? What clips, no I've had the doorcards off to tint the windows.

Reply to
Ben Organ

The ones that hold the doorcards to the door! If you go to your dealers they'll sell you some, they come together (ie, the bit that sticks into the door is already attached to the part that slots into the doorcard). I think the right way to put them together is to slot them all into the door card, then just push it in so all the clips attach to the door, having taken out the old ones.

Reply to
Doki

Ah those buggers!! Yea I only managed to snap one each side of those... Ive snapped a bumper one aswell - just not got round to replacing... U reckon thats whats rattling?

Reply to
Ben Organ

I reckon it is. I've suspect they probably stretch a bit even if you don't break them, new ones are difficult to pull apart. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford had worked out exactly how few clips they can get away with, they will be making thousands of the things after all. I'm currently running around with no door cards, and that will make you realise that most of the door shakes if you've got even a moderately powerful stereo, creating odd resonances.

Reply to
Doki