Re: Floor Mats....

Winter time.....looking for a Christmas gift for my daughter who has a

> 1998 Camry with "carpeted floor mats," which are rapidly getting > soiled in the winter muck. > > So, looking for rubber mats of some kind that will STAY in place. I > have a set of generic rubber mats for my '03, but they slide all over > the place

Heavy duty safety pin into the carpet. Punch 2 holes (separated by an inch or two) thru the mat. Attach mat to safety pin with very thin nylon string.

> Anyway, he suggested looking into the WeatherTech brand....anyone with > any other thoughts, suggestions....

WeatherTech is the standard. Been around for many years. I have one of their door mats in my garage (not sure if they sell them any longer - it was a closeout). Weighs a ton, wears like iron and remains pliable in cold temperatures. Good stuff but I like carpeted mats in the car.

Reply to
ACAR