Re: New Camry Rattle

So are you complaining to us that you were too lazy to contact another dealer or Toyota's district manager to get your new car defect fixed? Isn't it still under warranty? Isn't it time you got on the phone? Or do you just like complaining?

Reply to
ACAR

Greetings,

>I just purchased a new Camry. It has a very annoying but "low volume" tinny >rattle coming from the passenger side back seat/window/trunk area that I >can't seem to locate. I haven't taken it back to the dealer yet in fear >that they may create more rattles. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? >Thanks, Bob >

Our 2007 Came with a rattle in the blower moter, The Deal said it was a leaf in the vent and refused to look at it. It was not a leaf. It is the blower motor. My 12 year old Mitsubishi Montero with 130K miles has a quieter a/c than my new Camry. Ouch what a feeling!

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

There is a Toyota/Lexus TSB about instrument rattles. When do you hear the rattles? Cold weather? Rough roads? Your car's rattles may or may not be what's in the TSB.

Talk to your dealer about this, but I think you should call Toyota's

800 number because you are entitled to warranty service if the problem is what's described in the TSB. Also, since Toyota dealers service Lexus cars, maybe your local Lexus dealer will help you out with your Toyota.

TSB NV008-07 JUN 07 Interior - Rattle From Instrument Panel on Rough Roads

If your V6 only has rattles good for you. I hope your U660E transmission doesn't start skipping gears. If it does hopefully soon under warranty so Toyota will give you a free, new one. There is no fix yet I know of, just roulette luck with new replacements. Yeah, the newer Camrys seem to be cheap tin cans now.

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
CamryMan98

The car went to another dealer 3000 miles on the other side of country. They said they ordered a new blower motor. We will see what happens. The Tranny has been good. In fact the only problem I have with it is that gear ratio for 1st gear is not to my liking. I am used to a 3 ro 4 speed automatic so I put my foot down. The camry takes off like a jack rabbit.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Reply to
BigJim

If your claim is that Toyota USA would authorize swapping a used transmission into a new, never sold car, then I say that is not going to happen, at least not with Toyota's permission. I know there are unethical dealers who might pull this sort of stunt, but no way, no how is Toyota Motor Sales going to authorize that. It is illegal, and unethical. I certainly have problems with the Toyota Culture of Silence, but trying to wish problems away is not the same as swapping used parts into new vehicles. One might be undesirable, the other is plain dishonest, and no matter what else I think about Toyota, I don't think the corporation is doing anything that illegal. I do understand that rebuilt parts might be used when making repairs to a car that is no longer "new." This is usual practice and is perfectly legal.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Good deal. That's the problem with these dealers, each has own ideas given your same warranty needs. Of course, there are many areas where there is no choice but one dealership. I hope everything works out there.

Reply to
johngdole

Toyota actually used to use Michelins. But the cost cutting must have gotten to the tires. The cheap Bridgestone/Firestone tires (same company) are like Dollar General specials IMO. I'm getting the new Michelin Primacy myself.

Reply to
johngdole
15.000 on your tires? How are you driving? I have over 40,000 on my OE Bridgestone Turanza's, and they should reach 60k pretty easily. '07 Camry SE.....maybe the 17" tires last longer? I'm 41 and don't drive like an 80 year old.......
Reply to
Stan Wright

This is a common/growing problem with the tires on many late model cars; apparently not just Toyota. I have seen comments in numerous groups on line complaining about the same thing.

Check the GreenHybrid site for comments from Toyota Camry Hybrid (TCH) owners who have complained - including me - about crappy tires.

At 15K I could see the wear bars on my Bridgestone Turanza. Tires were replaced on my 2007 TCH last November with 24K on them. The Sears service person measured them and I can't remember the exact number but it was one click away from failing to meet state inspection minimums. She estimated they might have had 5K miles left on them. So 30K max on new tires. She also indicated the tires were evenly worn (had been rotated correctly) and there was only one wheel slightly out of alignment. She indicated that she is seeing more and more new cars coming in like this.

Even the Toy dealer admitted the OEM tires were "cheap," and not the same kind "sold in stores." He wanted $800 to replace them with "real tires."

Sears put on Uniroyal Tiger Paws with an 80K warranty for $98 per tire. Gas mileage has actually improved and these tires are much quieter than the Bridgstones.

~j

Reply to
jeb

Yeah, I suggested to a customer at Costco that he get Michelins instead of a third set of Bridgestones. He agreed that his Bridgestones suck. Bridgestones/firestones are probably some of the cheapest "legal" tires you can use. Don't be cheap because so much is riding on your tires. ;)

For average driving Michelin Primacy should be fine. I haven't tried these yet, but they'll go on next after the MXV4 Energy Plus:

johngdole

Got our Camry back from the Dealer. The blower was replaced and the rattle is gone.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Reply to
johngdole

I just got a 09 Camry Hybrid and am experiencing a rattle or squeaking behind the left rear seat when I am driving between 20 and 50 mph. Anyone have this kind of experience or could offer advice? The car is

3 days old!
Reply to
richard.russo

Take it back to the dealer and have the problem documented on your service record. A technical service bulletin (TSB) may come along and solve your problem -- even if the dealer gives you the routine "it's normal" make sure it's documented accurately.

Reply to
johngdole