Re: Possible sludge?

Judging by the picture, it looks like regular varnish and not really a cause for concern. I would suggest you open the engine panel and take a picture of what you see. I have some light varnish on my 2002 Camry LE V6 and I been using Mobil 1 5W30.

Hi all, I was changing the oil in my '91 Camry DX the other day and noticed > an yellow/brown slime in my oil cap. I've never noticed this before, and > was just wondering if this was something to be worried about. I have > attatched a photo of the cap. > Thanks for any help, > Josh > > >
Reply to
Car Guy

In news:brploo$9f6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.netins.net, Joshua Smeltser being of bellicose mind posted:

This is cause for concern. ANYtime you find this kind of oil emulsion suggests water in the oil. This can be the beginning of antifreeze leaking into the engine oil, or be reflective of very short cycle driving in cold weather, or a restriction of the PCV system. There is a quick way to check PCV operation. But do not let this condition go unchecked.

Reply to
Philip®