REQ: Repair Manual for 98 Camry

Hello all! I am looking for a repair manual (I have heard Chilton or Haynes manuals are the norm) for my 98 Camry and also a little help.

For the past week or so the Check Engine Light has been on in my car. Fluids are all ok, and everything runs fine. Is there anyway to determine the error codes on my own without use of a scanner? I have heard that on some models you can do this by following a certain procedure?

Thanks for any help or files provided! Jon

Reply to
JoMo

AutoZone offer the use of their ODB-II reader for free. Why not try it. Once you get the code(s), do a search on the web, or goto

and look up the code(s).

Haynes manual is fine for just about everything I needed to do.

JoMo wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Ok. Thanks. I will give that a try.

Reply to
JoMo

Also, Autozone has free online manual for ealier Camrys (96) that use the same 5SFE engine. For additional reference.

Reply to
johngdole

snip

I just had the same problem last week. A new O2 sensor (the one near the catalytic converter) solved it. 240.000 CAN for an aftermarket Busch sensor. They aren't cheap.

Reply to
Bassplayer12