Putting my 2001 Camry in storage

I am going to put my 2001 Camry Auto Transmission in storage for at least 6 months as I will not be using it.. Do I need to disconnect the negative cable of the battery or all the batterry cables? If I do that, will I need to take the car to dealer to reset the computer or the airbag when I connect the battery six months later? What else do I need to do? Your advice will be appreciated.

Reply to
EC

I'd change the engine motor oil, add Sta-bil to the gas, set the tires to the maximum sidewall pressure, jack the car up and support it so the weight is not on the tires, and hook up a trickle charger to the battery. I'd also consider placing one of the humidity absorbing canisters inside the car. If you are really conscientious, you could tape off the engine air inlet and the exhaust pipe.

Or better yet, just have a friend start it up and drive it around once every

10 to 14 days.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Also fill the gas tank before putting it in storage.

Reply to
Ray O

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net, EC sprach forth the following:

Do something to relieve the weight on the tires or you will get flat spots. I let a car sit for months and the tires went bumpitybumpity when I returned to driving it.

Not sure about what electrical would be affected by disconnecting the cable.

Oh, fill the gas tank and give it the appropriate amount of StaBil to prevent water vapor.

Or, get a friend to drive it around the block a couple of times each week or two (drive, not just crank up - see tire comment!).

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute