Toyota CD-MP3 radios

Hi,

I have a '99 XLE, but it only came with a single CD player. I'd like to add MP3 to the car. Are the newer Toy radios compatible with my car, or should I just look at after market units. I guess installing a genuine Toy radio would be easier - if the wiring/connectors were/are still the same.

Thoughts?

TIA!

Norm

Reply to
Father Guido

Don't screw with a new factory radio, they're too damn expensive. Go to

They have all kinds of radios, and they also have any other equipment like wire harness adapters or mounting brackets. They also help you out over the phone with installation, which is a breeze on your camry

Reply to
Qslim

actually buying a new stereo from

is easiest

CD, CD-R, MP3 capable stereos The stereos bolt in EXACTLY like the toyota radio using the toyota brackets you have now amd with the wiring harness adpter plugs in to the Toyota wiring just as it does now.

OH hear is the two big reasons why its better

Lower Cost, and Better sound along with a TON more features and sound controls.

Reply to
I'm Right

Thanks guys, I'll check out the links and 4get Toyota.

Reply to
Father Guido

Go to Wal-Mart and get a Sony.

Stay away from Bought-for-less...it's a rip...

Reply to
hachiroku

Seriously...I have bought TWO MP3 units from E-Bay, both JVCs, both in EXCELLENT condition. One even had all the packing, the remote, manual, etc. I lucked out...the winning bidder backed out and I got a $249 unit form my high bid of...$50 with $10 shipping. The other was a $349 unit that I spent a whopping $81 including shipping on. They work well, I like them

The other unit I bought was just a CD only, an Aiwa, sounds marvelous, a whole $28...

Reply to
hachiroku