Miata MP3 player

I just bought a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, which comes with premium sound and 6-disc cd changer, but I want to add the MP3 player.

Does anyone have this MP3 player, and is it any good?

Can it handle VBR MP3 and WMA?

Is it compatible with the 6-disc changer?

Reply to
Seth Brundle

Gee Seth, Why don't you just use the "loud pedal" under your Right foot !!!!! and pretend that is music to your ears ? With the top down and power on, I wouldn't think you would have time to listen to any other type of music :-)

Just a thought.

How do you like the Mazdaspeed ?????? I only had a chance to drive one a short time, but it was," fun fun fun til the Dealer took the Turbo away!"

Sorry about that :-) "Beach Boys" !!!!!!!!

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Seth Brundle) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I am in the very same boat. I also would like an MP3 player in my '04 Mazdaspeed Miata. I was thinking about wiring my IPod into the Bose 6 disc changer. I think it should be possible via the Satellite or MD/Tape loops. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,

Rod '04 MSM Velocity Red Mica '02 SE Blazing Yellow Mica (sold) '90 Mariner Blue

Well, that type of 'music' is a bit dissapointing compared to my 540i ;)

I bought it for my girlfriend, mostly. It is an amazing value, is the hottest looking Miata I have ever seen by far, and a downright FUN car, which is why I bought it, but I liked the S2000 test drives a lot more, I was just looking for value, and am very happy with it on that basis.

The S2000 is much more comfortable and more fun to drive at all RPMs and traffic/road conditions - around town, winding roads, freeway. The MazdaSpeed needs to be wound out to appreciate the turbo, and isnt all that well-mannered on the freeway (esp compared the the AutoBahninator

540i).

This was my first convertible, and a learning experience for me. I think if I were to do it again, I would go for a used BMW 3-series.

I also test drove a Nissan 350z, which was amazingly boring to drive, and a regular Miata, which was just too underpowered, the Turbo just brings it to the acceptable threshold when you are used to driving a

300HP V8 all week.

At 5'11", I'm fairly average height, but I just barely fit in the thing with everything pushed back, and riding with the top up requires some ducking now and then, but for my girlfriend and weekend drives its perfect.

Reply to
Seth Brundle

Doesn't that just figure..... the first owner of this awesome car that I've heard first hand from, ends up being someone who bought it for VALUE! and wishes now that he'd bought a used 3-series!

I guess it's pretty much true what they say about the average BMW guy (at least at this point) but he may come to 'understand' the Miata. I don't know, if he liked the S2000 so much, he's obviously not completely crazy. I would think a used S2000 would have suited him better?

Seth, nothing personal man, it's just that so many of us would LOVE to have that baby, it's a bit dissappointing to hear someone so lukewarm about it. I've allways felt the same way about guys who have bought their BMW's for VALUE! I bought my son an older one cause it was just an incredible / versatile car 'for the money'. Oh well, I guess everything has to relate to value to some degree.

Enjoy it! Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

The Mazdaspeed needs to be "wound out" to appreciate the turbo? Have you actually *driven* an S2000? The Miata actually makes more torque at 2000 RPMs *less* than the Honda, and the peak HP, while not as high, is also made almost 2000 RPMs below the S2000.

If you had compared the Mazdaspeed to *any* car other than the S2000, I probably wouldn't even reply, but that car is the epitome of "needs to be wound out to appreciate" to the extent that Honda had to retune/rework the engine and lower the 9k RPM redline because everyone complained about it. Hell, the guy I purchased my Miata from replaced it with a first-year S2000 and admitted that the car was simply too much work to drive.

That's a *very* different car. They're not usually shopped against each other.

I went from a Taurus SHO to a stock '95 M-edition and soon realized the fun wasn't in the acceleration, but rather the corners.

I'm over 6' and the car fits me like a glove, but I've come to the conclusion that different people like different driving positions, as many less than 6 footers say the same thing as you.

Reply to
tooloud

Yes I drove 2 S2000's. Dont get me wrong, you need to wind out the S2000 to discover all its power as well, But the S2000 is simply more fun off the line and on the freeway then the MazdaSpeed. It has no t-lag and 60 more HP.

Reply to
Seth Brundle

Last time I looked an S2000 cost 50% more, and was 65% more ugly. ;)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

MMmmm...it costs 25% more than a MazdaSpeed Miata (you cant compare a

240 HP car to a 146 HP Miata), the 2004 looks great, its 20% more fun to drive, and definitely is more comfortable for a large man.
Reply to
Seth Brundle

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Seth Brundle) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

hmmm...The Mazdaspeed Miata is 178 HP and a couple of hundred pounds lighter than the S2k. Having owned a 2001 S2K and now a MS Miata I can say with complete certainty that the MS Miata is ever bit as good "around town" as the S2000. As for turbo lag... spool the engine up!, after all it's a sports car not a mini van.

Reply to
-

And the only way to rest your arm on the door is to cut it off your shoulder. ;)

The S2000 is more like a car with a big sunroof than a convertible, in addition to ugly.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Are the doors on the M2 higher than the M1? When I moved from a 96 to a 2003, the "arm on the door" position is notably less comfortable.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

I've got an Alpine series deck in mine, 12 disc changer, with two 12" JL Audio competition subs in a custom box, and even though at 6', still can fit in. :)

The brochure from their site doesn't show if there is an MP3 deck upgrade, nor if it is compatible with the 6 disc changer. Probably best to just check with the dealer you purchased it from, or you could also check with any local stereo installer shop who may know if the 6 disc changer can be used with other commercially available decks.

Mike

Reply to
Blackfly

Yeah I checked with the dealer and they have it, I just wanted some hands-on feedback on it. Its friggin $450.

Although I have to say the premium sound which comes stock in the MazdaSpeed is the best factory sound system I have heard in a long time, so I just as soon keep it.

Reply to
Seth Brundle