What is that?

Camry 2004 V6 LE

Remove the oil drain plug and drain the oil.

I stick my finger into the drain hole and feel what seems to be tubing?

Is this transmission fluid lines run through the oil pan to cool the transmission?

Or what?

Reply to
BeeJ

I have never seen the arrangement where the engine oil should cool the tranny fluid... The oil is usually pretty hot, and trannies dont live long when they run warm. I have seen cases where you can stick your finger in and feel the oil pickup line.

Reply to
hls

You probably have crankcase worms.

Have you ever taken your car to a tropical country? Especially tropical jungles. If you leave the car parked, worms crawl in for the even warmer engine oil. They are very small in the nymph stage, but can grow as thick as a transmission line.

Reply to
micky