Wheel Speed Sensor

How can I test to see which wheel speed sensor is the bad one?

Reply to
Louis Joffe

Alex Marcuzzi

THere are a couple of different ways. To start, you'll need a Ohm meter/ volt meter/etc. The abs code you get will either tell you the specific sensor to check, or it will give a choice between two diagonally opposed wheel sensors to test. Disconnect the sensor lead and test the sensor for continuity. You should have a small ohm reading on your meter. If the reading shows out of limits, then you know you have an open circuit in the sensor coil. Or, while the vehicle is turned on and in N, back probe the sensor leads (while the wire is still plugged in) and test for voltage. When you spin the wheel slowly, you should see the voltage oscillate. I don't remember the values offhand, but may be able to get them for you. I hop this helps

Reply to
qslim

Thanks for your advice, Ill have a crack at it this weekend.

Louis

Reply to
Louis Joffe