Where are spark plugs in Camry 89 V6

I would like to change spark plugs of my Camry 89 V6. I only can locate 3 of them (the 3 in front), according to books, there should be 3 others locate on the other side of engine block but I cannot find them out. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Kanuk

Reply to
Kanuk

Noit a fun job! They are in exactly the same place as they are in the front bank. Probably under a whole lot of 'plumbing'! Take a look from underneath...

Reply to
HachiRoku

Look under the intake manifold, near firewall. Plugs located on same location on valve cover as the front one. Pain to get at. I removed intake manifold to replace the valve cover gasket due to oil leak, and replaced plugs & wires also while I had the access. I've heard with the right combination of extensions, universal joint for socket set, and lots of cussing you can remove the 3 plugs. I would help if you have long slim hands to get in there. Thats why they use platinum plugs, so you don't have to replace them for over 100k mi or maybe once as a owner. Not sure how dealer replaces them. Might ask how much they charge and the hrs.

Reply to
jjjsan

Thank you for your help. I found it and it's really pain in the a... to get to the 3 spark plugs located on the othe side of engine.

Reply to
Kanuk