Which coating is best for Camry paint?

I have a 2002 Camry, Black finish. Which type of car wax or coating, (since some are actually polymer plastics, right?) is best for the kind of paint used on the Camry? The Owner's manual is almost worthless on this topic.

Which brand do you feel gives you the best value and performance?

I'm guessing I just opened a real can of worms here, but when I go to the Auto Parts Store, they have too many types and price ranges to make an informed decision. There are too many brands, and each brand has too many choices, and reading the labels is nearly worthless. I'd really like to 'wax' my car for optimum protection and to keep it looking good.

Looking forward to your responses, Bob

Reply to
Bob Giel

Bob --

You'll get dozens of answer to this question,ranging from the guy who hasn't washed his car in 3 years and sees no point to wax of any kind to the xyz is superior to everything else ever made. Look up Guru Reports

-- they did testing of many brands of waxes and rated them on criteria they explain in the report. Check it out and decide which products best suits your time and budget.

Bob Giel wrote:

Reply to
Don Pritchett

Jul 06 Consumer Reports says Black Magic Wet Shine Wax BM48016 or Turtle Wax Carauba Car Wax T6 - both retail $7 for 16 oz..

Reply to
Wolfgang

I'd prefer paste wax over liquid wax. Liquid wax has more solvant in it. Not as good for the paint as paste.

Bob Giel wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

============ Yea, verily, I spake unto you and thou hearest me not: Zaino ============= They call it a "show car finish" and it does approach the perfectly restored vehicles you see auctioned off or displayed at shows. Comparing my '94 - which the prior owner let bake in the sun to the point of incipient fading, comparing this car to others in any parking lot, it always has a distinctive glow exceeding the others. The only finish that looks better to me is the paint on a new Mercedes. Oh well, it did start life as a Camry. Rain doesn't leave water marks. Those little mustard color spots of tree goo that used to stick like crazy to the finsih come off almost effortlessly. Couple of years ago I did the full procedure - everything they recommended, because I wanted to save the paint, and Zaino has zero abrasion and very high UV protection. Since then I've simply been using the Z-7 car wash product with a natural sponge and chamois weekly and the small amount of additional protection added thereby continues to improve the appearance. It's your car. You certainly don't have to believe me. Just check their site - photos of other cars, testimonial comments and then decide if it seems right for you. Mostly you've got people with more "enthusiast" type vehicles, because they tend to be more interested in such things. Call a body shop for a price on a complete quality repaint, when assessing prices. At least that was my view.

Reply to
Daniel