2005 Tacomas

Does anyone know what changes are coming with the new 2005 Tacomas? I've seen the 2005 Tacoma on the Toyota web site but that seems to be a special version called X-Runner. How about the regular Tacomas like the double cab? Will they get a bigger engine and body too?

Reply to
jparkerri

It is going to be bigger (Dodge Dakota size). And instead of the current

3.4L V6, the 4.0L V6 (currently available in the 4Runner) will be available. And the double cab will have a bigger bed too.

-CB

Reply to
Cyberbilly

Yeah, it would be nice but Toyo can pull plenty more ponies out of those V6s and still keep the weight down.

Reply to
Shane Gray

With the supercharger, 300 horsepower,0-60 in under 6 seconds. Faster through the slalom cones than the 350z. A v8 would only f*ck it up

Reply to
?reality

I've got a '01 Tacoma S-Runner here with a detuned blower (5 lb boost instead of 6/7) and no other motor mods doing sixty in 5.84 seconds. That's with a TRD LSDifferential on 245 mm tires. Best 0-60 before LSD was 6.23. It is paid for and keeps me smiling, so that X-Runner will have to prove itself on the street before I'll buy it.

And, owning an X-Runner without a supercharger is unthinkable.

Reply to
Rad