2008 Tundra chrome trim

I just bought this truck and noticed that the rear bumper is chrome but the front one is body colour (white).
Have I got an accidented/repaired vehicle or was such a mix a possible
option? It's an SR5 with TRD. The original owner was a corporate fleet but I bought from the 2nd owner after that.
On 05/19/2016 08:14 AM, Just Passing Through wrote:

Looking around on the net i've found many that have a mix of body-colour or chrome front or rear ...seems weird, for someone who still remembers the '59 chevvy, etc.
replying to Just Passing Through, 4Wheely wrote: Both can be possible. Have you asked the owner what happened to the bumper? He may have replaced one of it and didn't mind the color.
On Thu, 11 May 2017 12:18:01 GMT, 4Wheely

Either way is possible. I bought a new 2000 Tundra SR5 4WD and the front and rear bumpers are chrome. The guy next door bought a new 2007 one with white front bumper and chrome rear.
Here's how I see it:
1. Contact Toyota and ask them if it's possible.
2. If you are concerned it might have been damaged or maybe was in a collision, a flood or is a salvage vehicle, run a CARFAX on it. I wouldn't buy a used vehicle without one.
3. If all is well with the truck and it really bothers you, replace the bumper you like the least. If you can do it yourself, it's not that expensive.