2002 Tundra replacement tires

Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for replacement tires on a 2002 Tundra

4WD access cab. I would appreciate some advice on tire selections.

Thanks

Chad

Reply to
Chad Smutney

I have a 2000 Tundra, 4WD, Access Cab (pretty much the same as yours

- just older). While I don't do much "off road" driving, I do drive on dirt and paved roads with mud, snow and ice. I replaced the tires that came with my Tundra with Cooper Discover H/T tires. I'm happy with them and they are quiet on the highway. What tires you get would depend on what kind of driving you do

Skip.

Reply to
Skip

?type=ORAT Also consider Cooper and Toyo. Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I have an '01 with the TRD package, and replaced the original factory tires (BFG) with the Michelin LT tires and have been very pleased. These are not hard core off road tires, but will do fine on a low key trail (such as old logging roads, etc.). They wear exceptionally well, and provide very good highway running. Again, these are not offroad tires, but also do not have the typical problems associated with true offroaders (i.e. tire vibration, tires out of round, road noise [yes, even from radials]). I have put nearly

30,000 miles, probably mostly around town, and based on the wear, can expect to get another 20,000-25,000 miles. Not bad for a truck tire!

Reply to
Bob Sackimono