4RUNNER HOW TO REMOVE TPS ??? PLEASE HELP

I did a onbored digonostic and it said it was the throttle position sensor what is wrong with my 4runner, i try to accelorate and when i get to 10 miles i have to swich gears cause the car goes in to a jumping action similar to letting off the clucht and not steppin on the gas. very strange. some one help i have to have this fixed. my only car,for work.please help.

Reply to
00 Agent

Year? Engine? Tranny?

Reply to
Eddie

Usually its held on w/ 2 screws on the side of the throttle body:

However, its often hard to get to one or both screws and it may be necessary to remove the throttle body itself. One tip on re-installing the TPS is to replace the philips screws with allen heads, then it'll be easier to adjust in the future with a ball-end allen wrench.

Reply to
Roger Brown