03 Tundra Check Engine Light

Dealer says it is due to "out of round" gas filler tube. They're ordering a replacement. Why, after 9200 miles, did this out of round tube just start causing codes? Any one else had this problem or diagnosis?

Reply to
dg

There's a TSB for it. IT may not have been out of round before... any number of things could have caused it to deform.

My '03 has been fine for over 80,000 miles.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Same thing happened to my '03 Tundra about three months ago (at 16K). Must be a TSB on it. No big deal, the dealer fixed it in half an hour.

-Rob

Reply to
Robert Heady

Thanks Rob

Reply to
dg

EG019-03, M.I.L. "ON" DTC P0442 - FUEL FILLER TUBE IMPROVEMENT

Some 2003 - 2004 model year Tundra vehicles may experience a MIL "ON" condition with DTC P0442 - Evaporative Emissions Control System Small Leak - due to an irregularity in the Fuel Filler Tube sealing surface. An improved Fuel Filler Tube has been developed to correct this condition.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Its reassuring to know that Toyota understands the problem and has a proper fix.

Reply to
dg