4runner Tire replacement

i've got a '96 4runner 4x4 SR5 5VZ-FE and the tires need replaced.

The tires that are on the vehicle currently are P225/75R-15 and that is the factory spec size as well.

The tire manufacturer that I was interested in purchasing-Kumho, doesn't have any tires in that size and I was wondering what other sizes would fit the rims that I have now. Are there any other sizes that I could purchase that wouldn't mess up the ABS and other possible functions?

thanks in advance,

TB in Austin remove NOSPAM to reply via email

Reply to
T.B.

Wolfgang

wolfgang, thanks for the info and the link.

have you noticed any difference in performance with the larger tire other than the speedo?

TB in Austin

Reply to
T.B.

I've tried the 235/75-15 Pirelli Scorpion AT and they were good tires. Can't complain about them. Quiet tires and they were good in the snow for me. Right now I've got Michelin AT's. Good tire here. Comfortable but slightly noisier than the Pirelli. BTW the Pirellis were cheaper than the Michelins.

Reply to
Gordon

Ha mine were on a '90 4cyl 22RE with 5spd -- so you couldn't affect performance much. No I couldn't tell any difference really. It came with Dunlop M&S which were noisy and terrible in the wet. The Michelins were vast improvemnt and wore like iron. My daughter is still driving the Rnr.

Reply to
Wolfgang