99 tacoma: optional tire sizes

Hi

i have a 99 tacoma 4x4, xtnd cab, 4 cyl.

original tires are 225/75/15. What are my optins besides this size?

can i do a 235/70/15?

SAH

Are you sure they are not 14 inch tires ?

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

Thanks.

Yes, I am sure. The standard size for these on webite configurators is

225.75.15.

Any thoughts?

SAH

Will you be using the stock rims?

Reply to
Grip

My 98 4x4 came with 265s on the alloy wheels. I had 32x12's (x15) on the alloys too, with no clearance problems when turning. Never had it flexing enough with those to know if up and down was a problem.

Reply to
Robert

yes, 15" alloy rims

Reply to
SAH

From tirerack.com (and consistent with my '00 Prerunner):

Original Equipment Optional 265/75-15

Original Equipment Optional 31X10.5-15

Mine came with the 265's, not the 225's.. I replaced the 265 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S with BFG TA KOs' in the 31x10.5 size.

Both sizes work fine.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis