battery light on and getting no heat from heater

I need help .....my battery light is on and I am only getting cold air ...would like to know if there is anything I can check before I put it in the garage ....

Reply to
wade clarke

Broken serpentine belt?

Reply to
Offen Rong

you guys are right it is the serpentine belt thanks for the info

Reply to
wade clarke

Wade, You should pop your hood as the first step. The battery light is really an indication you aren't getting any charge to your battery.

99.99 % of the time that has one of these 2 causes. Alternator isn't spinning (belt) Alternator has failed, and generates nothing, even if spinning.

When you ran you car long enough to expect heat, did you know you weren't giving your engine the benefit of the water pump ? I hope you didn't run it too long. I'm hoping your engine is ok.

Reply to
owl_1971_spammers_tongues_are_toilet_paper